7:30am - 6:00pm - Full Day Seminar
Sustainable Investing: Moving Into The Mainstream
The explosive growth in participation at last fall's second BSAS Sustainable Investing seminar reflected not just increased client interest in sustainable investing products, but also growing client expectations that investment managers will apply sustainable investing principles and practices throughout their business.
- " As of early 2014, an estimated $6.6 trillion of assets under management in the US (16% of the total) and $9.9 trillion in Europe (59% of the total) incorporated some type of sustainable investing strategy. (*1,*2)
- " In May, 2015, 120 asset owners representing $12 trillion in assets sent a letter to the G7 finance ministers asking them to address "one of the biggest systemic risks we face" - climate change - by supporting a long-term global emissions reduction goal at the Paris climate talks in November 2015. (*3)
- " With another year of 30% growth, the signatories of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment are now responsible for $59 trillion in assets , just over 1/2 of the world's institutional assets.(*4)
Our 3rd annual BSAS Sustainable Investing seminar is designed to help mainstream investment professionals navigate these challenges and successfully respond using the tools of our profession. We have assembled industry thought leaders, practitioners and asset owners to share their knowledge and experience. The event is structured to enable them to engage with each other - and with you and your peers - in conversations that offer practical, experience-based examples and insights you can use in your professional practice.
- Dr. Robert G. Eccles, Professor, Harvard Business School and Board of Directors, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
- Daniel Ingram, Head of Responsible Investment, BT Pension Scheme Management
- Robert Litterman, Risk Committee Chairman, Kepos Capital LP
- Dr. Jean Rogers, PhD, PE, CEO, Sustainable Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
- Cheryl Smith, Managing Partner, Trillium Asset Management
Members: $250 - regular pricing
Non- Members: $350 - regular pricing
Please note that BSAS does not offer unemployed and student member rates for special events, conferences, seminars or dinners.
*1 = US SIF Foundation, "Report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends 2014," November 20, 2014, 11, http://www.ussif.org/Files/Publications/SIF_Trends_14.F.ES.pdf.
*2 = Eurosif, "European SRI Study 2014," 21, accessed July 27, 2015, http://www.eurosif.org/publication/view/european-sri-study-2014/.
*3 = "Investor_CEO_letter_to_Finance_Ministers_Final_FINAL_FORMATTED.pdf," 1, accessed July 27, 2015, http://www.iigcc.org/files/publication-files/Investor_CEO_letter_to_Finance_Ministers_Final_FINAL_FORMATTED.pdf.
*4 = "Signatory Base AUM Hits $59 Trillion - Principles for Responsible Investment," accessed July 27, 2015, http://www.unpri.org/whatsnew/signatory-base-aum-hits-59-trillion/.
Westin Boston Waterfront
425 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02210